As a school, we have very clear principles about how our school uniform can reflect our aspirations and high standards.
Our policy is based on the notion that a school uniform:
- Sets a tone for the high expectations of our school
- Creates uniformity and equality with all children
- Fosters a feeling of identity and belonging to the school
- Promotes pride amongst our children and a sense of feeling smart
The Role of Parents
We expect all parents to support the school uniform policy. We believe that parents have a duty to send their children to school correctly dressed and well-presented including a suitable hair style; ready for their daily schoolwork. Parents should ensure that their child has the correct uniform, and that it is clean and in good repair. Parents are also responsible for ensuring their children come to school in a coat suitable for the forecast weather conditions each day. During break times and lunch children will still be going outside even in cold windy conditions and light rain
The main uniform is as follows:
- Navy sweatshirt or cardigan (with or without school logo)
- White polo t-shirt (with or without school logo)
- Grey school skirt (knee length), grey pinafore or grey school trousers/shorts
- Sensible, low heeled black shoes – no trainers or boots (children may change into these at break time if required)
- Black, grey or white socks or tights
- Summer dress (Navy checks or stripes)
The PE uniform is as follows:
- House colour t-shirt with school logo
- Black shorts or skort
- Navy school logo sports hoody
- Black tracksuit bottoms
No jewellery should be worn at school, other than a wristwatch (no smart technology) and a small pair of stud earrings.If a child has pierced ears, earrings must be removed before PE and swimming lessons. Long hair should be tied back at all times. Plain hair bands are permitted.
No make-up or nail varnish/extensions to be worn in school.
All clothing should be clearly marked with the child’s name. Lost property will be kept for a limited time and can accessed via the school office.
Our Uniforms are provided by KS Schoolwear Website.